As a response to the widespread unemployment among the educated youth especially in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic, the Bangalore Rural Educational and Development Society (BREADS) through the Don Bosco Job Placement Network (JPN) Bangalore, collaborated with Don Bosco institutions in Karnataka and Kerala to organise job fairs.
Don Bosco ITI, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) partnered with BREADS to organise a job fair on their premises on 14 July 2022.
Don Bosco College, Kottiyam partnered with BREADS, the Kerala Catholic Youth Movement (KCYM), Kollam diocese and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to conduct a huge job fair on 16 July 2022.
Major highlights from the job fair at Don Bosco ITI, KGF
• The programme was inaugurated by Fr Rubin Mathew (Executive Director, BREADS) together with Fr Deepu Mathew (Asst. Director, BREADS) and Mr Venkatram (Retired CEO, Accelary Aerospace Pvt Ltd, Bangalore)
• Around 13 companies were part of the recruiting team at Don Bosco ITI, KGF. Among them were Motherson ITI (Bangalore), ITC Malur, Indian Nippon Electrical Ltd (Hosur), Grassroots BPO Private Limited, Bangalore.
• Around 267 candidates turned up for this job fair, of whom, 245 bagged opportunities with different companies.
Major highlights from the job fair at Don Bosco College, Kottiyam
• The companies partnering at the fair included Allianz SE, AXIS Bank, RR Donnelley, AYTECH, Eureka Forbes, ESAF Small Finance Bank, Study Quotient Edu Private Limited, JustDial, G-Tec Computer Education, Popular Hyundai, and Flipkart.
• 899 candidates applied for various positions in these companies, out of which, 128 were selected for immediate joining while others were shortlisted for future placement.
The organisers ensured that all the students had a fair chance to be interviewed by the recruiting companies at the fairs. The events were a huge success for the institutions, which took this great initiative to bridge the gap between the aspiring youth and employers. Thanks to Don Bosco Job Placement Network and the Don Bosco institutions for collaborating on this venture.
International Child Rights Day at Don Bosco PYaR, KalaburagiOn 20 November 2023, Don Bosco PYaR (Programme for the Young at
Child Rights day and Parents meeting at Teggihal village Raichur districtOn 20 November 2023, Don Bosco Social Service Society, Devadurga
Empowering Voices: Makkala Grama Sabha in YadagiriIn a significant initiative led by the Rural Development and Pan
World Child Rights Day in Don Bosco Mithra SchoolOn World Child Rights Day, with the intention of raising awarene