Spreading the message of Care in Crisis on the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking (26 June), Drug Rehabilitation Education and Mentoring (DREAM) teams across 10 districts in Kerala came up with innovative ways to raise awareness among more than 2000 adults and children about the adverse impact of drugs on the health of individuals and the community.
Some of them are mentioned here:
• Campaign KIRAN (a ray of light) on Shankumugham, one of the most popular beaches in Thiruvananthapuram district, included a street play and signature campaign to raise awareness. The MSW department of Loyola College of Social Sciences, Trivandrum were collaborators.
• In collaboration with KCYM Sports Wing Kollam, a mini-marathon created engagement and action to establish drug-free youth groups in the district.
• A poster-making competition in collaboration with the Excise Range Office, Pala, for school children in Kottayam.
• Training for children in collaboration with Mararikulam panchayat, Alappuzha.
• Magic show by Sri. Balachandran Kottody (JC Daniel Excellency Award Winner – 2021) followed by a flash mob by the students of HFHSS Rajapuram, and GHS Thachangad, Kasaragod.
• Cycle rally and with a flash mob in collaboration with Manalur panchayat and District Vimukthi Mission, Thrissur.
• Rally and flash mob to raise awareness against the use of drugs and its adverse impact on society at Mukkom bus stand, Kozhikode.
• Flash mob and street play in collaboration with the Department of Social Work, Don Bosco Arts and Science College, Angadikadavu, Vayathur UP School, Ulikkal, and St John Baptist School, Iritty in Kannur district.
The awareness campaigns also spread the word about the services offered by the DREAM programme, which include: counselling and support services, school/college programmes, de-addiction services, awareness campaigns, and life skills training.
For us, teaching children to dream beyond drugs is a very meaningful and deep task. It is important to expose them to a colourful world and point out to them that there are greater things in this world beyond addiction. We teach them about the ill effects of substances and other addictions and also help them understand that it is the noble duty of every citizen to fight against this serious problem. — Kollam DREAM Coordinator
#AntiDrugDay #awareness #dreambeyonddrugs #dream #dreambeyonddrugs #lovelifeandbeyond #CareInCrises
Cycling forward with KPMGTwelve children of Don Bosco Mithra School were treated to a ple
Former Smokers declare ‘No Tobacco here’ in Kappikunnu, WayanadThe Drug Rehabilitation Education and Mentoring (DREAM) programm
Deutsche Bank representatives visit DB BEST: Celebrating Mutual Benefits and Empowering YouthHosting representatives of the Deutsche Bank, Ms. Ruchi Khemka (
Morgan Stanley painting a better world at BOSCO Vatsalya BhavanA team of 30 from Morgan Stanley, led by Mr. Raju Alluri - Manag