This project was started in 2012 in the slums and outskirt villages of Bangalore city by Social Service Guild, the Social Action Centre of Kristu Jyothi College Bangalore. The project aims to create a participatory model of Community Schooling by integrating the existing education, school and support systems. The project focuses on promoting child rights such as right to health and education. The project is promoting education among poor children by creating a learning environment in slums and urban settlements through evening tuition classes and nutrition programmes.
Achievements up to November 2013
- Bi weekly nutrient foods were given to 600 poor children from the slums of Bangalore city .
- More than 600 less privileged children were reached out through supplementary education which helped in improving their standard of education.
- Reduced the school dropout rates and out of school children from the slums and outskirt settlements.
- Through the project 186 school dropouts were readmitted in formal schools to continue their studies.
- The parents of 600+ children were empowered and educated to send their children for better education and the development of the children.
- The communities were empowered to take part in the education promotion programmes in the urban slums and settlements.
- The project ensured the overall development of community living in the slum and settlements.
Devadurga Don Bosco Social Service Centre CelebratesDon Bosco Social Service Centre in Devadurga, Raichur is celebra
CREAM Review Meeting for the Directors and StaffHistory will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday
DB Devadurga Children Score against Child LabourDon Bosco Social Service Centre in Devadurga, Raichur, has been
CREAM III State-level Staff Meeting and TrainingBangalore Rural Educational and Development Society (BREADS) org