As a strategy to influence the election manifestos of the different political parties for the upcoming Karnataka assembly elections 2018 Don Bosco Social Service Society, Devadurga and the office bearers of district child rights club federation under the CREAM (Child Rights Education and Action Movement) project met the candidates of Devadurga constituency namely Sri. K. Shivana Gowda Nayak, candidate of BJP, Sri. Venkatesh Poojary, candidate of JDS, Sri. Rajashaker Nayak, candidate of Congress to include the children’s demands and issues in the election manifestos and to assure that the candidates would work towards the protection and development of children in the society. Kumari Eeramma, vice president, Karnataka state child rights club federation, explained to the candidates the demands to be considered in the manifesto-
- To ensure that all children below the age of 18 would attend school
- To provide the fundamental needs of the children such as education, health and hygiene.
- To develop and maintain schools and anganwadi facilities using MLA funds.
- To provide easy transport facilities for the school children from distant and interior villages.
- To prevent child labour, child marriage and child trafficking in and around Raichur district and Devadurga taluk.
- To ensure that children are not involved in election campaign and not to politicize the development of the children.
- To take stern action against vehicle owners who transport the children for work.
- To establish rehabilitation center and to provide education for the poor school dropout children.
- To organize Children’s Grama sabha during the month of November in every Gram panchayat.
- To appoint regular teachers as per the guidelines of RTE Act and to discourage the system of appointing guest teachers in schools
- To address the issues raised in concern with children such as child care, protection and development in Vidhan Soudha.
The candidates rendered a patient hearing to the children and assured that the demands will be notified to the central committee on priority basis.
Inauguration…The skill trainings by BREADS have always strived towards increas
Child…As part of the policy making and framing the child protection sys
Blessing…The incessant rain and flood that caused multiple damages to the
Training…On 20th February 2019, 74 students were graduated while the new s