The Salesian Province of Bangalore (INK), of which, BREADS is the central planning and development organisation (PDO), has always been recognised and appreciated for its various interventions for the young at risk. This year, among the eleven provinces in India, the Bangalore province won six of the thirteen categories of YaR Awards from the Don Bosco National Forum for the Young at Risk (DB YaR Forum).
DB YaR Forum is the all-India network of Don Bosco institutions and organisations committed to the safety, growth, development and rights of at-risk, vulnerable, marginalised children and young adults. The network has 80+ member institutions and organisations from across 20 states and union territories of India, who offer various services and interventions for the young at risk.
Every year, DB YaR Forum recognises the tremendous contribution of individuals and organisations on the ground, towards protecting and promoting the rights of young people. In 2023, the YaR Commission of Bangalore province accepted the following awards on behalf of the awardees:
- Service of Excellence Homelink – Best Node award presented to BOSCO, Province of Bangalore
- Children’s award (below 18 years) for unique achievements—presented to Ms. Sathya A, BOSCO, Province of Bangalore
- Children’s award (18-21 years) for outstanding services—presented to Ms. Arpitha K, CHITHRA Don Bosco, Province of Bangalore
- Outstanding work with the Young at Risk—presented to Mr. Ramaswamy, BOSCO, Province of Bangalore
- Outstanding work with the Young at Risk—presented to Mrs. Padmakshi N T, CHITHRA Don Bosco, Province of Bangalore
- YaR Alumni award—presented to Mr. Mariyappa V, Province of Bangalore
These awards are an occasion to remember and appreciate the many people who quietly overcome their own challenges to contribute to the great cause of promoting the rights of young people.
BREADS is happy to have been able to support all of these individuals, institutions and interventions. Warm congratulations to each one of them! May they and their wonderful work continue to prosper!
International Child Rights Day at Don Bosco PYaR, KalaburagiOn 20 November 2023, Don Bosco PYaR (Programme for the Young at
Child Rights day and Parents meeting at Teggihal village Raichur districtOn 20 November 2023, Don Bosco Social Service Society, Devadurga
Empowering Voices: Makkala Grama Sabha in YadagiriIn a significant initiative led by the Rural Development and Pan
World Child Rights Day in Don Bosco Mithra SchoolOn World Child Rights Day, with the intention of raising awarene